Updated: Oct 24
with Raphaela McCormack
Thursdays at 9:30 am ( Cost:$5.00)
Qi Gong (pronounced chee gong or gung) is a Chinese practice over 4,000
years old. It involves a series of exercises including slow circular
movements, regulated breathing, focused meditation and self-massage.
One unique feature of Qi Gong is its ability to train the mind to direct the
body’s energy, or chi, to any part of the body. Qi Gong is believed to relax
the mind, muscles, tendons, joints and inner organs, helping to improve
circulation, relieve stress and pain and restore health.
Because Qi Gong includes both dynamic and gentle techniques it can be
practiced from a standing or seated position, which makes it suitable for
people of all ages.
The Benefits of Qi Gong:
• Reducing anxiety and depression
• Improving balance, flexibility and muscle strength
• Improving sleep quality
• Lowering blood pressure
• Improving cardiovascular fitness in older adults
• Relieving chronic pain
• Increasing energy, endurance and agility
• Improving overall feelings of well-being and relaxation.